Spring 2017 Updates
- MRC Spring activity kicked off with a trip to the NSF 2017 Joint PI Big Data Meeting, which ran from March 15th-17th in Washington D.C. Doctoral student Sam Grabus presented her poster entitled "Share DB: A Licensing Model and Ecosystem for Data Sharing." More information about the event can be found on the MRC site.
- Visit to the Chinese Academy of Sciences in Beijing, China, on March 20th. Jane Greenberg presented developing research,"Data Sharing Licensing: From Challenges to Metadata Solutions."
- iConference 2017, March 22-25, Wuhan, China. MRC faculty Jane Greenberg, Xia Lin, and Il-Yeol Song co-lead a workshop on "Information Science to Data Science: New Directions for iSchools." Faculty member Erjia Yan also presented his research on "Domain-Independent Term Extraction & Term Network for Scientific Publications."
Pictured from left to right: Jane Greenberg, Xia Lin, Virginia Ortiz-Repiso
- Research Data Alliance 9th Plenary Meeting, Barcelona, Spain, April 5-7. Kai Li, doctoral student and RDA fellow, who is working on "A metadata scheme of the software-data relationship: literature review," presented a poster on his research during the plenary lunch.
- Using Smart Grids Big Data, Texas A&M University, College Station, TX, April 18. Doctoral student Sam Grabus presented a poster on her current progress with the NE Big Data Hub's Data Sharing spoke. Jane Greenberg also gave a lightning talk about "A Licensing Model and Ecosystem for Data Sharing."
Pictured from left to right: Sam Grabus, Jane Greenberg
- DIMACS/Northeast Big Data Hub Workshop on Privacy and Security for Big Data, Rutgers University, New Jersey, April 24-25. Jane Greenberg presented her research about "Beyond Open Access: Addressing Data Sharing Agreements and Challenges"
- Center for Visual and Decision Informatics (CVDI) Industry Advisory Board Meeting, University of Virginia, April 24-26. MRC faculty Yuan An, Xia Lin, and Jane Greenberg all attended and presented research proposals in the area of big data and visualization.
- Spring was also a busy season for MRC's Metadata Mixers. To read more about the presentations, visit the Metadata Mixer page.