Home | People | LEADS Fellows | Resources
The LIS Education and Data Science Integrated Network Group (LEADING), is a Laura Bush 21st Century Librarian (LB21) National Digital Infrastructures and Initiatives project. The LEADING project scales-up the highly successful LEADS-4-NDP initiative and will prepare a diverse, nation-wide cohort of 50 LIS doctoral students and early to mid-career librarians for data science endeavors.
LEADING’s model includes community hubs at Montana State University Library and UC San Diego Library, a co-educational hub at OCLC, and 14 member nodes that also serves as project mentoring sites. Drexel University’s Metadata Research Center serves as the central-coordinating hub and will oversee the data science curriculum and bring together all project partners.
LEADING’s key goals include:
- Extending the Education Pipeline by leveraging Drexel University’s data science curriculum and faculty expertise.
- Collaborating and Community Development by bringing together educators, researchers, library leaders, frontline early and mid-career information professionals, and doctoral students, who will collaborate and advance data science in LIS education and practice.
- Facilitating Diversity and Inclusivity across the LEADING Fellowship program in partnership with LEADING’s Diversity and Inclusivity Task Force.
- Building a Sustainable and Extensible Partnership that enables a culture of mutual growth and continued sharing across the LEADING network.
Drexel PIs, Faculty, & Staff
- Jane Greenberg, Alice B. Kroeger Professor, Director of the Metadata Research Center (MRC)
- Il-Yeol Song, Professor
- Weimao Ke, Associate Professor
- Erjia Yan, Associate Professor
- Jake Williams, Assistant Professor
- Mat Kelly, Assistant Professor
- Alex Poole, Assistant Professor
- Lei Wang, Assistant Teaching Professor
- Sam Grabus, Project Manager, 2018 LEADS Fellow, PhD Student, Drexel University
- Kenning Arlitsch, Dean, Montana State University Library, Professor
- Erik Mitchell, Audrey Geisel University Librarian, UC San Diego Library
- Andrew K. Pace, Executive Director for Technical Research, OCLC
- John Cannan, Research & Instructional Services Librarian, Thomas R. Kline School of Law, Drexel University
- Northeastern University Research Data Services Group: Jen Ferguson, Bahari Sanaie-Movahed, Kate Kryder); and the Digital Scholarship Group/IMLS-supported Design for Diversity project: Amanda Rust, Julia Flanders
- Steve Dilliplane, AANSP Biodiversity Informatics Support, Academy of Natural Sciences, Drexel University
- Helyx Horwitz, Information Systems and Technology Manager, Movement Alliance Project
- Greg Jansen, Software Engineer, University of Maryland’s iSchool, AI-Collaboratory, University of Maryland iSchool
- Martin R. Kalfatovic, Program Director, Biodiversity Heritage Library; Associate Director, Digital Programs and Initiatives Division, Smithsonian Libraries
- John Kunze, Identifier Systems Architect, California Digital Library, University of California, Office of the President
- Holly Tomren, Head of Metadata Strategy and Digitization Services, Temple University libraries; and Peter Logan, Professor Emeritus of English, Former Director of the Digital Scholarship Center, Temple University Libraries
- Dot Porter, Curator, Digital Research Services, Schoenberg Institute for Manuscript Studies, Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts, University of Pennsylvania Libraries
- Sarah Pugachev, Director of Research Initiatives, River Campus Libraries, University of Rochester
- Chelcie Juliet Rowell, Head of Digital Scholarship, Tisch Library, Tufts University
- Devon Smith, Lead Engineer, OCLC Research.
- Hannah Tarver, Department Head in the Digital Projects Unit at University of North Texas Libraries.
- Jonathan Wheeler, Data Curation Librarian, University of New Mexico
Diversity and Inclusivity Task Force
- Yi Yun (Jessica) Cheng, 2019 LEADS Fellow, PhD Student, University of Illinois at Urbana–Champaign
- Sonia Pascua, 2019 LEADS Fellow, PhD Student, Drexel University
- Hanlin Zhang, 2019 LEADS Fellow, PhD Student / UNC Chapel Hill
- Gretchen Stahlman, 2018 LEADS Fellow, Assistant Professor, Rutgers University
- Adam Johs, 2018 LEADS Fellow, PhD Student, Drexel University
- Devan Ray Donaldson, Assistant Professor, Department of Information and Library Science (ILS), School of Informatics, University of Indiana
- Juliane Schneider, Team Lead, eagle-I, Harvard Catalyst, Clinical and Translational Science Center
- Megan Finn Senseney, Head, Office of Digital Innovation and Stewardship, University of Arizona Libraries
- Christopher C. Erdmann, Engagement, Support, and Training Expert, NHLBI BioData Catalyst, RENCI, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
- Clifford Lynch, Executive Director, Coalition for Networked Information (CNI)
- Richard Marciano, Professor and Director, AI-Collaboratory, University of Maryland iSchool