LEADS site: Digital Scholarship Center
Project title: SKOS of the 1910 Library of Congress Subject Heading
I. Project update
- Digitized 1910 LCSH was converted in Docx format by Peter
- I was able to run the HIVE code in the local computer for code exploration
- A sample db in HIVE is composed of 3 tables. Below is the LCHS db in HIVE
- I was able to create the 1910 LCHS thesaurus for letter A in page 1 using MultiTes
- I generated the html of the 1910 LCSH Multites Thesaurus
- I also generated the RDF/XML format of the thesaurus
- I am looking at the solution for the project.
- How will the Docx format of 1910 LCHS be converted to RDF automatically?
- How will the Docx format of 1910 LCHS be loaded to HIVE DB automatically?
II. Concerns / Issues / Risks
- Which solution to take given the limited time
- SKOS in HIVE have limited elements of the standard SKOS
III. Pending action item
- To explore MultiTes in the automation of converting 1910 LCSH Doc to RDF
- To explore other tools in the automation of converting 1910 LCHS Doc to RDF
- To explore the HIVE code in the automation of loading 1910 LCSH DOC to HIVE db