2019 IEEE International Conference on Big Data (IEEE Big Data 2019)
December 9-12, 2019, Los Angeles, CA, USA
The Program Committees of the 2019 IEEE International Conference on Big Data (IEEE BigData 2019) invite proposals for Workshops. Selected workshops will hold a central position within the larger conference, which will bring together top academic and industrial researchers from all over the world to exchange cutting edge research ideas in Big Data research, development and practice. Within these fields, workshops at Big Data form crucial focal points for emerging communities and forums for the examination of new ideas.
Here are a summary of the conferences in the previous years:
The IEEE Big Data conference series started in 2013 has established itself as the top tier research conference in Big Data.
- The first conference IEEE Big Data 2013 (regular paper acceptance rate: 17.0%) was held in Santa Clara, CA from Oct 6-9, 2013 with more than 400 registered participants from 40 countries.
- The IEEE Big Data 2014 (regular paper acceptance rate: 18.5.0%) was held in Washington DC, Oct 27-30, 2014 with more than 600 registered participants from 45 countries.
- The IEEE Big Data 2015 (regular paper acceptance rate: 16.8%) was held in Santa Clara, Oct 29-Nov 1, 2015 with more than 780 registered participants from 49 countries.
- The IEEE Big Data 2016 (regular paper acceptance rate: 18.7%) was held in Washington DC, Dec 5-8, 2016 with close to 900 registered participants from 43 countries.
- The IEEE Big Data 2017 (regular paper acceptance rate: 17.8%) was held in Boston, MA, Dec 11-14, 2017 with close to 1000 registered participants from 50 countries.
- The IEEE Big Data 2018 (regular paper acceptance rate: 19.7%) was held in Seattle, WA, Dec 10-13, 2018 with close to 1100 registered participants from 47 countries.
The 2019 IEEE International Conference on Big Data (IEEE Big Data 2019) will continue the success of the previous IEEE Big Data conferences. It will provide a leading forum for disseminating the latest research in Big Data Research, Development, and Applications.
Workshop organizers will be responsible for advertising the workshop, forming the program committees, reviewing and selecting the papers, and guaranteeing a high quality worthy of the prestige and breadth of the Conference. All papers accepted for workshops will be included in the Workshop Proceedings published by the IEEE Computer Society Press, made available at the Conference.
The workshop organizers will also have the discretion of editing selected papers (after their expansion and revision) into books or special journal issues. Workshops should cover at least a single session (6 regular papers). The workshop organizers should ensure registration and presence of authors of accepted papers.
Each workshop subject will focus on new research challenges and initiatives in Big Data. The workshops should provide an informal and vibrant forum for researchers and industry practitioners to share their research results and practical development experiences in Big Data research, development and practice. Workshop topics may be narrow, e.g., Clouding Computing/Grid Computing/Stream Computing for Big Data; Big Data stream Mining, Big Graph Data Mining, or broad, e.g., Big Data Foundations , Big Data management, Big Data Mining and Searching, Big Data Privacy and Security, Big Data Application, etc (Pls refer to the IEEE Big Data 2019 http://cci.drexel.edu/bigdata/bigdata2019/index.html for more possible workshop topics). Prospective workshop organizers are encouraged to contact workshop chairs for feedback.
Proposals for 2019 IEEE Big Data Workshops should contain the following components.
- Workshop Title (e.g., Visualization and Analytics for Big Data)
- Introduction to workshop (a few sentences about the background, importance, purpose, interests, etc. of workshop)
- Research topics included in the workshop (list a number of interesting topics or areas covered by workshop)
- Important dates (These dates are for your reference except the Camera-ready submission date. Please do not change the camera-ready date)
- Oct 1, 2019: Due date for full workshop papers submission
- Nov 1, 2019: Notification of paper acceptance to authors
- Nov 15, 2019: Camera-ready of accepted papers
- Dec 9-12, 2019: Workshops
Workshop Proposal Submission:
Prof. Kisung Lee, Louisiana State University, USA
Prof. Yanfang Fanny Ye, West Virginia University, USA